Our client needed to relocate their entire production facility to a different state, as the existing facility was land-locked and did not allow them to expand their production capabilities.
Working with a design-build general contractor, POWER provided both preliminary and detailed final engineering services for this 41,595 square foot greenfield nutritional ingredient extraction facility. The completed processing plant is owned by a multi-national company that specializes in health and beauty nutritional supplements.
With the new building, the plant’s layout and process flows have been greatly improved, new technologies have been incorporated allowing for higher concentrations of ingredient materials to be captured, and our client has been able to introduce new products to market. Additionally, the new location is in close proximity to a certified organic herb farm where raw product ingredients are grown for use in the nutritional ingredient extraction and concentration operation. The plant produces various herbal powders, which are loaded into drums and super-sacks, and then shipped to other facilities for final processing.
- Flexible and responsive. As additional project scope and plant functionality were added during the project, POWER provided flexibility in our design to accommodate the client’s changes.
- Sanitary design technology. The client had not done a remote CIP skid before; POWER designed a semi-automated system to meet their needs. We also provided sanitary room design advice to the contractor.
- Onsite assistance. While providing extended onsite support, we were able to solve many minor issues and issue updated record P&ID’s.
- Greenfield plant was designed to allow for future expansion.
- The new facility incorporated a better plant layout and process flows
- Supply chain efficiencies have been realized as a result of new processing technologies
- Project management
- Process design, including assistance with the CIP system design for all pipes and vessels
- Electrical engineering
- Controls engineering, including commissioning and startup, operator training and extended onsite support
- Value engineering – equipment cost/scope reduction study
- Lightning protection and arc flash studies